Safety Leadership Academy (SLA) for Oil & Gas sector
Oil and gas professionals co-creating the next generation of industry safety culture.
With our learning partner SPE Society of Petroleum Engineers
The SPE CEDEP Safety Leadership Academy, endorsed by the IOGP (The International Association of Oil and Gas Producers), is a professionally accredited training programme dedicated to the needs of the oil and gas industry. We have devised a three-phase approach: Phase 1 of the programme is an immersive 4-day residential session. Phase 2 is a 3-month duration intersession for participants to apply the learnings in their work environment. Phase 3 is a second immersive 4-day residential session to complete the programme. In this in-depth highly interactive programme, participants prepare for the challenges emerging in an industry experiencing significant changes and in a world, that is becoming more and more uncertain and complex. They explore cutting edge leadership concepts and safety management practices to build a new mindset and culture needed in the journey to get to zero accidents.
- Learning together with peers from other companies
- Exposure to a faculty of world class experts on leadership and safety
- A unique 3-phase structure for a proven reinforced learning experience
- Learning and personal development through coaching
- Ongoing access to a living learning community of leaders shaping the future of HSE management
Develop leadership capabilities in oil & gas industry leaders to shift paradigms and make zero accidents a reality within their organizations and beyond, for the good of society. Based on key SPE, IOGP and ERM reports, the programme will address in particular, the 5 obstacles to achieving zero harm, identified in the SPE Getting to Zero Technical Report:
- Ineffective leadership development
- Insufficient alignment and application of human factors
- Misalignment and confusion on the expectation of zero harm
- Inaccurate identification and management of risk
- Market pressure
Participants will gain:
- Knowledge with cutting-edge concepts to develop skills that will influence behaviours and transform the safety culture of the workplace
- Practical Tools for leaders to convert the mindset shift into clearly defined and efficient actions. Activities will be organized all along the learner’s journey to practice the skills and tools explored during the program.
- Personal transformation in the ability to lead and build safe performance conditions for your people and your businesses
Community building is a key feature of the programme and will start prior to Phase 1 residential session. In a peer group learning environment, our faculty of thought leaders will facilitate a series of workshops that will include talks, practical activities to use tools and techniques, case studies and group challenges. Experiential learning will also lead the participants outside of the classroom and their comfort zone for an immersive experience to increase self-awareness and fundamental change. Your own reality and operational challenges will form the key material for your learning journey.
PHASE 1 Leading Self & Others (4-day residential session)
- Industry Legacy and Vision
- Leading in a VUCA world
- Limits of modern management
- Mental Models
- Insight Fair
- Experiential learning through Community Project
- Human Factors and Human Performance
- EQ, IQ, AQ and Decision Making
PHASE 2 Apply the Learnings (3 months)
Participants return to their work environment and apply their learnings to strategic challenges. This will be supported by virtual meetings.
PHASE 3 Influence & Change (4-day residential session)
- Rethinking HSE Communications – empowering your people
- Crisis Leadership
- Peer Coaching
- Observing differently
- Advocating for change in leadership culture and Influencing models
- Industry trends and how to turn challenges into opportunities
56 continuing education credits (CEUs) are awarded for the course.
Founder of Lime Core Training and Communications Programs for HSE Leadership and Employee Engagement and highly recognized 12-year industry veteran in HSE learning communications and engagement.
The SPE CEDEP Leadership Academy is for middle and senior-level leaders who play a role in the safety management and conditions in which their people work.
It includes operational managers, and Health, Safety Environment (HSE) managers in the oil and gas industry and its direct value chain
In person but a part of the programme can be organized online
The Safety Leadership Academy has its home campus at CEDEP in Fontainebleau and is also mobile and travelling to key oil and gas hubs around the world starting with Houston and Abu Dhabi in 2021.
2 residential sessions of 4 days with a 3-month intersession in between and pre-course community building
To be confirmed
Tuition fees 2023 (excl.tax)
Board & Accommodation 2023 (per day excl. tax)
Please find here the SLA brochure
Please find here the SLA flyer